Saturday, April 25, 2009

Overpopulation

Past societies (and present ones) have controlled overpopulation by murdering innocent babies who haven't had a chance to speak for themselves. They have also killed the babies inside of a woman who haven't even lived yet. This poses a problem, at least for me, because I don't think it's ethical to just treat unborn and recently born babies like objects and just take their lives away like you would an animal. Therefore I just don't believe that it's right to develop an plan to make sure that people don't exercise a natural right (having babies). But if I had to, I would tell people to abstain, which can destroy a marriage, because then a baby wouldn't have to die. If couples chose to not abstain, they would then have to use condoms, because that wouldn't make a baby either, and it wouldn't have to die. If people didn't use condoms, the baby would be deported to be adopted in another country. Finally, if people really wanted a child, we would just let them keep it, because a woman should have a right to keep a baby.

My two weeks have been hectic. We've had projects due and have started lots of projects. We've been getting ready for the Biology field trip, which sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Natural Bridge Caverns is awesome, and they have a cool rockwall outside of the cave. I've actually never been to Aquarena springs, and have also not been in a glass-bottomed boat, so that sounds exciting. And Barton Springs is great, especially in some non-lifeguarded portions of it, but I'm sure that the lifeguarded part is good as well. Our student teacher, Ms. Owens, who replaced Mr. Schwarz this semester, is getting ready to leave after the field trip, and we're getting ready for Mr. Schwarz again. Finally, Walk for Water got cancelled and instead of having to just to the ski trip, I can now walk on the 2nd.

3 comments:

KushP said...

I completely agree with you David. It is very wrong to kill innocent babies.If a person has a baby, the society should not be allowed to interfere with her descision.

Evan said...

What present societies murder babies? I do believe in abortion because the thing doesnt have nerves so they wont feel anything, and its not really living yet, so if the mother doesnt want them they should have abortion.

Marielle said...

David, I agree that killing babies is wrong. But condoms don't always work, therefore there is still a chance a baby can be born and adopted or killed.