I think that the people at fault for the mess in Darfur is the Sudanese government. They are the ones that accept money from China supposedly for goodwill and instead use it to fuel their war machine directed at killing civilians. Even though China is still giving Sudan the money for weapons, which is bad because China knows where it's going, Sudan is still the loser here because they didn't listen to the UN and are relentless in their genocide. For China, all they want is to get oil and just give Sudan the money, no strings attached. They don't want to muddy the waters of international transactions because of an ongoing crisis in the country they're investing in. And for the Janjaweed and anyone else who slaughters the people of Darfur, they're just getting paid to do a job. Yes, they will probably have a lot to think about with their conscience later on, but this is probably the most amount of money they've ever gotten. Unfortunately, this exceptional pay leads to murdering innocent people.
For my two weeks, I had fun participating in Shattered Dreams, the drunk driving program that about 50 Anderson students did. For those of you that saw me during the day, "dead," I probably wasn't that good of a dead person. I was laughing and doing assignments instead of my real assignment to be a cruel reminder to the class that I was dead and couldn't do anything. But after school was over, we could talk again and boarded the vans to go to the retreat. I think that the retreat was for people who were more likely to drink and therefore made the people quite emotional. I would have enjoyed it more, except for the fact that I was sick and tired (literally). The day ended with us going to bed at midnight, much to the relief of me.
쥴즈 에어플러스 구매후기
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment