Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Favorite Place in the Country

I think that in the country, my favorite place is California. In the suburbs of major cities, the climate is wonderful, unlike the smog-infested cities. I remember going to my grandparents' house in La Canada, a suburb of Los Angeles. It was like a little Heaven there, due to the constant temperature of 70 degrees. I liked it compared to Texas because it had hardly any 90 degree days, when Texas had many 100 degree days. It made me think of one of the nicest places in the world. Also, La Canada was just about 30 minutes away from everything. All of the major attractions were in Los Angeles, which included theme parks, and many other fun activities.
I remember going to one called Knottsbury Farm. It was a nice little attraction that included a log ride (which my brother cried on), live plays, and free ice cream. Even though I was too little to experience much of it, it still was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in my life. This was because my grandfather was still alive and running. He was able to do many activities with us. But I think that California, even with its almost lavish climate, is too overpriced. The beliefs of many Californian executives are very different to mine. So, because of that, I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon.
Thanks!

No comments: